Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Night Football

Sorry Cleveland, I bought a Kansas City Chiefs shirt at Sears today - because I'm going to the Monday Night Football game against the Chargers tonight! One of my students, who's a good friend as well, invited me to go, and I am really excited. I have never been to an NFL game. I'm afraid though that I will be allergic to the Chiefs shirt and wake up with rashes and hives because I wore it...okay, maybe not, but I will secretly be cheering for Darren Sproles to rush for 300 yards.

This last week has been a lot of fun. Dusti and I went to Manhattan to watch another K-State win in football. An incredible thing happened at the game when Dusti turned around and sitting just two rows behind us were my grandparents! Out of 52,000 seats, we just happened to sit in front of them - someone please figure the odds on that. On the business side, KCVI is gearing up to start Loud and Proud classes and the scholarship deadline for Kansas City area high school students is this week. So, I am very excited for those major milestones.

Several others have contributed to scholarships as well - too many to talk about right now - but I will be releasing press releases and information on our website about all the major contributors.

The following is my concert schedule for the time being - everything is subject to change (but it is unlikely)

October 17, 2010 - Choir Concert - Village Presbyterian Church
November 18-21, 2010 - The Dialogues of the Carmelites by Poulenc - Chevalier de la Force (cover) - White Recital Hall
November 30, 2010 - Choir Concert - Atonement Lutheran Church
December 7, 2010 - Monteverdi Vespers (400th Anniversary Concert) - Visitation Catholic Church (I will be auditioning for the tenor soloist)
March 17-20, 2011 - Don Giovanni by Mozart - Don Ottavio - White Recital Hall
April 23, 2011 - Gloria by Poulenc - White Recital Hall

Others: I will be applying for professional auditions for summer opera programs. I will also be applying to participate in several competitions. It is likely that I will be singing in several masterclasses, and perhaps in another orchestra concert singing a piece by Vaughan Williams. I will keep updating my schedule every Monday here on my blog.

Have a great week everyone and I want to send a special "thank you" to all my supporters, friends, and family. And to my remarkable wife, who puts up with my quirkiness and craziness. Love you babe! And finally, congratulations to the Drs. Yu-Oppenheim on their new baby boy Noah!

1 comment:

Featured Post

OLYMPIC CEREMONY DATABASE: Every Summer and Winter Olympic Opening Ceremony

The opening ceremony of the Olympic Games may be the largest art form in the modern world and certainly one of the rarest.  I provided all ...