Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I'll keep this one short, but I just want to give my Merry Christmasses and Happy Holidays to everyone out there in the cybersphere.  Thank you for making this blog one of the highlights of my week - without readers, I wouldn't be doing this.

Just a few results to post as far as auditions that I have heard from.  Crested Butte did not invite me and neither did Chautauqua Opera.  I also was not invited to the National Opera Association competition this year either.  As I mentioned last week, I am an alternate for the Shreveport Opera Singer of the Year and I am still waiting to hear back from a few other places.  Unfortunately, you lose many many more than you win.  Fortunately, I have had an incredibly successful year and half and hopefully one of these auditions will come through.

And on a side note, I tried ice skating for the first time this week and I didn't fall down!  However, I looked about as comfortable as a giraffe drinking.

My finals and jury went very well and I got all A's in my first semester at the Conservatory.  Hopefully that will continue, but I have to admit that it took a lot more work than I bargained for.  I even had to compose a triple fugue for a final! - how intense is that for a final exam!?  I was very proud of how it all turned out.

I will be doing all the Family Christmas rounds this week and then off to New York again next week.  Believe it or not, I have never seen an opera at the Met but I hope to bring back a critique.  And, I will be at the Times Square ball drop, so watch for me on CNN.  I plan on wearing a tan and black coat with black stocking cap, just in case you were wanting to spot me in the crowd.  I am told that a smaller crowd of only 750,000 is expected this year.

Thank you all for all the support, and have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Current Audition Info & Results
Missouri NATS - 2nd Place Advanced Division
Santa Fe Opera - applied - not invited
Chautauqua Opera (New York) - attended, not invited
Wolf Trap Opera (Washington D.C.) - applied, not invited
National Opera Association Competition (San Antonio) - applied, not invited
Crested Butte Opera (Colorado) - attended, not invited
Sugar Creek Symphony (Chicago) - attended, waiting for results
Shreveport Opera Competition - applied, alternate
Symphony in the Valley (Colorado) - applied 10/13
Ash Lawn Opera (near Washington D.C.) - applied 10/13

Upcoming concerts:
March 17-20, 2011 - Don Giovanni by Mozart - Don Ottavio - White Recital Hall
April 23, 2011 - Gloria by Poulenc - White Recital Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

OLYMPIC CEREMONY DATABASE: Every Summer and Winter Olympic Opening Ceremony

The opening ceremony of the Olympic Games may be the largest art form in the modern world and certainly one of the rarest.  I provided all ...